Karine Jean-Pierre is an author, activist, and political campaign organizer from the United States. Following the departure of Jen Psaki, she will be named the 35th White House Press Secretary in May 2022. Since 2021, she has been the White House Principal Deputy Press Secretary. In the 2020 US presidential campaign, she was the former chief of staff for Democratic vice presidential contender Kamala Harris.
Table of Contents
- 1 What makes Karine Jean-Piere so well-known?
- 2 Karine Jean-Pierre Early Life, Age, Family, Parents and Siblings, Education, Nationality, and Ethnicity
- 3 What is Karine Jean-Pierre Height?
- 4 Who is Karine Jean-Pierre’s Partner?
- 5 What is Karine Jean-Pierre’s Net Worth?
- 6 Karine Jean-Pierre Career Timeline
What makes Karine Jean-Piere so well-known?
- First black person to become the White House Press Secretary.
Karine Jean-Pierre Early Life, Age, Family, Parents and Siblings, Education, Nationality, and Ethnicity
Karine Jean-Pierre was born on August 13, 1977, in Paris, France. Her hometown is Fort-de-France in Martinique, France. She is an American citizen. She is of African-American origin and follows the Christian faith. Her astrological sign is Leo. Queens Village, New York City, is her hometown. She has two younger brothers and sisters. There is no detailed information about her parents or siblings.
Her educational background includes a Bachelor of Science degree from the New York Institute of Technology. In 2003, she earned an MPA from Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA).
What is Karine Jean-Pierre Height?
Karine Jean-Pierre is approximately 1.65 m tall, or 5 feet and 4 inches tall. Her physical weight is approximately 54 kg. She has a slender physique. Her eyes are brown, and she has dark brown hair. Her hair is curly.
Who is Karine Jean-Pierre’s Partner?
Karine Jean-Pierre is an out, gay woman. Suzanne Malveaux, a CNN correspondent, is her girlfriend. They have a child together. The family resides near Washington, D.C.
What is Karine Jean-Pierre’s Net Worth?
Jen Psaki will be replaced as White House Press Secretary by Karine Jean-Pierre. She worked as a political campaign organizer for numerous candidates after college. She will be paid roughly $180,000 per year as the White House Press Secretary. Her net worth is currently estimated to be over $1.5 million. Read Also: Anna Wiernicki Nexstar TV, Bio, Age, Husband, Salary, And Reporter
Karine Jean-Pierre Career Timeline
- Karine Jean-Pierre began working for New York City councilor James F. Gennaro as the director of legislative and budget affairs after graduation.
In 2006, she moved to Washington, D.C. to work as an outreach coordinator for Walmart Watch. She worked for John Edwards’ presidential campaign as the southeast regional political director in 2008.
- She worked for Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign as the southeast regional political director. During Obama’s first term, she was promoted to regional political director for the White House Office of Political Affairs.
- In 2011, she worked as the President’s re-election campaign’s National Deputy Battleground States Director. She was Martin O’Malley’s deputy campaign manager during his 2016 presidential campaign. In January 2019, she joined NBC News and MSNBC as a political analyst.
- She was also MoveOn.org’s senior advisor and national spokeswoman. In 2019, she released her first book, Moving Forward: A Story of Hope, Hard Work, and America’s Promise. She was employed with the Center for Corporate and Community Ethics.
- She worked as a senior advisor for Joe Biden’s 2020 presidential campaign. Karine was the Chief of Staff for Kamala Harris, Biden’s vice presidential nominee. Further, she was named Principal Deputy Press Secretary under Biden’s administration.
- On May 5, 2022, she was named the new White House Press Secretary, succeeding Jen Psaki. Jean-Pierre will become the first black and openly LGBTQ person to serve as White House Press Secretary when he takes office on May 13th.